The Whitney E. Houston Academy.
Of Creative & Performing Arts
Originally opened in 1873 as Franklin School, as a little girl, Whitney attended the elementary school which is located just down the street from where she grew up. In 1997, the school was renamed after Whitney and is now the oldest building in the East Orange school district.
The Whitney E. Houston Legacy Foundation along with various partners collaborates with The Whitney E. Houston Academy of Creative & Performing Arts to foster growth in the STEM and Arts & Letters curriculum.